1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help please! - PGCE secondary physics interview

Discussion in 'Science' started by Mathsteach2, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Mathsteach2

Mathsteach2 Occasional commenter

My favourite question which I remember on my PGCE physics interview (1965!) was how would I explain/teach about an electron to an 11-year old, and how would that be different if the student was at 'A' level?

Good luck!

2. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

Good Luck. Where is it? I was just accepted on to physics pgce today. I had to do a written science task

3. Congratulations! I am applying to Goldsmiths. You Cosmic Rainbow? What was the written science task?
    Thank you all for your help.
    Barbara

4. ps - what type of questions did they ask you relating specifically to science and physics?

5. Thank you!

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Good luck.

I was interviewed by a Physicicst for my Chemistry PGCE in 1989. I recal he asked me a question about Flemings Left hand rule! I was the only person who knew it and everyone elsethat day was a Physicist! Thank God for O level physics!

7. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

In my individual interview i wasnt asked any questions about science expect for which areas i felt was my weakest and i said chemistry and plant bio. i had to present a lesson plan and i was expecting to be asked about my subject knowledge then but i wasnt lol.
    the science written task was really simple. they described an experiement, i think it was to do with resistance in circuits and then the questions were identify the independent variable, dependent variable, complete the table, draw a graph.