1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help please - NVQs! Anyone out there?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by salsera, Mar 11, 2012.

1. salsera

salsera New commenter

Have tried a couple of times with regards to this and would try once more. Starting at a new school I have inherited the NVQ course that started in 2010. I have looked at the OCR site and the Cilt site but info doesn't seem to tally ie assessment grids
    Is there anyone else out there who is teaching this course (French and German) It's NVQ Level 2 and could offer some advice/support/chocolate?
    it is driving me mad!
    Thanks
    Salsera

2. salsera

salsera New commenter

Have tried a couple of times with regards to this and would try once more. Starting at a new school I have inherited the NVQ course that started in 2010. I have looked at the OCR site and the Cilt site but info doesn't seem to tally ie assessment grids
    Is there anyone else out there who is teaching this course (French and German) It's NVQ Level 2 and could offer some advice/support/chocolate?
    it is driving me mad!
    Thanks
    Salsera

3. We've been using the i-languages resources, though we only do level 1. You could try to e-mail them for some info. Their packs include assessment material which meets the grids (also provided) May be worth looking? But do check what's happening with regard to eligibility for points in the A-C tables as the latest I heard was that NVQs needed changing before they'd count. (From when I'm not sure, I'm afraid - it hasn't really affected my level 1 candidates!)
    Hope this helps
    MmeA

4. PM me and I might be able to help :)

5. salsera

salsera New commenter

Thanks - have pm-ed

6. definitely recommend i-languages at level 2-all the assessments and SoW mapped out and provided for you... If you go to the website-you can download 10 lessons from any of the supported languages.
    Good Luck.