1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help please !!!!!!!! Nursery planning/ observations

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Jenny37, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Is there anyone posting fom a nursery. I am so confused and after being told our planning/ observation recording and then showing that we are using obs for future planning is not good enough Just wondered if anyone would be willing to share theirs with me so i can sort ours out
    Thanks in advance

2. Is there anyone posting fom a nursery. I am so confused and after being told our planning/ observation recording and then showing that we are using obs for future planning is not good enough Just wondered if anyone would be willing to share theirs with me so i can sort ours out
    Thanks in advance

3. Hey,
    I am currently a teacher in a full time Nursery, and like you had been told the previous years had not sufficiently shown the observations feeding in to planning. The way we have done it is to simply have 'next steps' sheet for key workers on the wall, and the observations (incidentals or long) provide us with the next steps. Then these are either written straight onto the indoor/outdoor planner, of go into the end of week evlatuation. Then a 'next step' maybe planned into a focus activity or provision for the week after.

It sounds like a lot, but the whole point is to make your valid observations inform your valid planning.. Good planning should come from what the children need/ are interested in. So this is just simply putting it up for people to clearly see.
    We write the childrens initial by the ativity etc on the planner, so anyone can see who needs that support.

It works well! Good luck :)
    If i can manage to do this as a NQT with 26 all day children, then anyone can!! x