1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help please Maternity pay confusion temp contract

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by ns324, Jun 25, 2012.

1. I would definitely say 31st August, but definitely phone the LEA and pay roll yourself.

2. No one but you can decide what date to start your maternity leave, so if you want to work up to the end of your contract then that's your last working day. I did this with mine. It meant I wasn't eligible for occupational maternity pay, just the normal 6 weeks 90% 6 weeks £135 a week, but it started straight after my contract ended. Don't let them dictate your leave dates.

3. Hi I was wondering if you got this resolved in the end? I am currently in the exact same situation, employment contract ends 31st August and baby due october. Trying to get to the bottom of what I'm entitled to but it's all so confusing!!

4. Hi rorirving congratulations. I spoke to the lea who tried to explain the date thing and it's basically for paperwork. I wrote in my letter about my contract ending on the 31st and being due SMTP to start on 1st September just to cover myself. it all worked out that way and maternity pay started in September. Good luck