1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help please! I found a doc on the net...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Feb 9, 2012.

1. I printed off a couple of pages and now I can't find the document, no reference, nuttings! It doesn;t seem to have a front page so no title as such. Is it ridiculous to try to track it down? I probably found it about 4 weeks ago.

2. If you google a couple of sentences, from the document, that might work. That's how I find out where my little darlings have plagiarized their research documents!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

In google enclose in quotation marks a sentence from the document pages that you have and do a search. With an exact quotation you should be able to find it - very useful when you suspect pupils of plagiarism!

4. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Have you tried googling a distinctive phrase from it?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

6. Good god!

I arrived 60 seconds too late!

7. Wow..... three simultaneous responses saying the same thing.... Great minds........ [​IMG]

8. It's a triplet kind of thread!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I gave additional information (quotation marks) so I should get the gold star.
    [​IMG]

10. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Wow! There should be a name for that. Three posters giving the same advice in the same minute!

11. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

And again!

12. Wow! One of my more popular threads!! Thank you all I will have a go. It is a bit dry (but useful) so I am not sure if it will work...

13. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

I was going to suggest that you find a distinctive or unusual phrase from the text, but then I thought that it would probably be also suggested by several other posters and it would freak me out that we were all having the same thoughts at the same time[​IMG]

14. Found it! You are all wonderful, what are you?? Thanks so much.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

We are all wonderful!
    *pictures the rest of us chanting along with me...*

16. I am picturing, I am picturing! Lovely!

17. [​IMG]

All together now.......

18. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Some folk take things too far!
    [​IMG]

19. Just trying to feel that I've achieved something before work! [​IMG]

20. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Goodness. That's a bad idea. That means the only way is down...