1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help please. How do I tag people?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lascarina, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Please could someone explain in simple language how one tags another poster. Thanks.

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

3. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

you type @ followed by the username, with no spaces. as you type some options will appear - click the one you want.

aspensquiver_2 and Lascarina like this.
  4. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

5. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Cor. It was that easy. Thanks Emily!

6. emilystrange

worked perfectly!

Lascarina likes this.
  7. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

8. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

9. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

@racroesus Like what? Have I offended you in some way?

10. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

@Yoda what were you testing?

Yoda- likes this.
  11. emilystrange

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

It frustrates me that this facility doesn't work for me . . . it did initially, but not for ages now and it doesn't matter which browser I use.

13. emilystrange

do you not get any dropdown? you don't need to use that, however - i didn't when i just tagged above

14. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I don't think you are missing much, kibosh. It just suddenly occurred to me that I didn't know how to do tagging and I thought I ought to learn.

15. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I do but the auto-complete doesn't work, so even though the drop down list appears I still have to manually complete the username. I know, it's only a few more keystrokes . . .but then the drop down list gets in the way. Grumble grumble.

16. emilystrange

how odd... :(

17. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@kibosh try clicking your curser only on the letters that are needed to complete the name, rather than at the beginning of the name, from the dropdown list and see if that works.

18. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

:D You are a wizard. Thank you so much marlin, that was the problem, I wasn't doing it right :oops: I'll be tagging people left, right and centre now that I know the secret technique.

*I'm thinking of the future and life in general, could you please help me with all the other things I don't do correctly? :eek:;)*

marlin likes this.
  19. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I've the same problem with the auto-complete too. So I end up typing it from the list in the drop down menu. Not impossible but slightly irritating.
    Sometimes I can't even manage to 'click' the Like button to work either.:(

EDIT trying your suggestion @marlin . Hmm- appeared to work but then there was only one letter to go with your name. trying @Lascarina . Yes. Brilliant marlin.:D

marlin and kibosh like this.
  20. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I've had problems too @Lara mfl 05 . Just tried it and it appears to work, but other times I click on the drop down and nothing happens!