1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help please: credit on the fuel bill

Discussion in 'Personal' started by inky, Jan 20, 2012.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

I'm rather a lot in credit and wonder whether it'll be possible to be reimbursed with a cheque rather than offsetting it against future bills. It's a big enough amount for me to be keen to find out this evening beforeNP's call centre opens!
    Many thanks in advance.

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

I'm rather a lot in credit and wonder whether it'll be possible to be reimbursed with a cheque rather than offsetting it against future bills. It's a big enough amount for me to be keen to find out this evening beforeNP's call centre opens!
    Many thanks in advance.

3. Yes. I've had overpayment credited to my bank account before.

4. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Just give them a ring, we've had no problems recovering credit.

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

Hooray! Thank you, airy. You've made my day. A decorator's coming round tomorrow to plan some work, and the rebate will cover it - at a time when I can ill afford the bill.
    XXX

6. inky

inky Lead commenter

Thank you colpee XXX

7. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Some years ago, during a difficult financial time, I had the embarrasment of the gas and electric direct debits not being paid. I dug out the statements they'd sent earlier and discovered that both accounts were in credit to the tune of some £700 jointly.
    I called them and the lady I spoke to kindly took the payment from this and readusted the future payments to reflect our consumption.

8. My monthly payments have just gone from £110 to £35 a month!

9. Yes you can - my credit was paid back into the bank account that the direct debit came from. I had to ask for it though. A quick phone call. No probs.

10. inky

inky Lead commenter

I love these good luck stories.
    It's sad, though, that it's an interest-free way of saving, so we shouldn't be patting ourselves on the back.All theseinstitutions rely on the INERTIA factor, as far as I can see. I'm a typical case.

11. I was told thought that they would automatically reimburse money if you are in credit for at least 3 months.

12. Just Purrfect said "I was told thought that they would automatically reimburse money if you are in credit for at least 3 months. "
    I was told that too...waited... and ended up phoning again when it didn't happen - they then sent me a cheque!