1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help please! Baby (10 months) has stomach bug

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by mandala1, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Is she teething? That may be contributing to the illness & deffo the temp- we discovered in hospital that lo was cutting yet another back tooth!

It's horrible seeing them ill. You'd make a deal with the devil just to take their pain away. xx

2. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

Hi,
    Thanks for your message, all is well again now phew!
    It could well be teething as she is 11 months and has no teeth yet. Can't see anything coming through yet but it won't be long i guess.
    I really do hate seeing her ill, thank you so much for the advice and support xxx

3. nawoods

nawoods New commenter

Hi all,
    Just wanted to bump this message up as my little boy has been sufferring from a horrible tummy bug since Friday. We have seen the doctor and out of hours doctor, but they have just said that it is a tummy bug and that it's typical for children to get it this time of year! It doesn't help me stop worrying though!
    My son is 11 months old and has always been very small - normally in the 25th, but now I am worried about how much weight he has lost. Are there any ideas of what I can feed him that is high in calories that he might keep down? He is still vomiting when he has too much in his tummy. Just to add he has alwyas been fussy with his food and now I feel he is going to be worse if he associates it with being sick!
    What a nightmare having a poorly child is! I also have had to take time off work to look after him!
    Any advice greatly appreciated x x

4. 25th centile isnt very small, just the small side of average. You obviously know people with big babies!! It is normal for them to lose weight when they are ill, once better they put it back on again quickly. Just concentrate on fluids and try not to worry. Easier said than done though its just horrible when they are poorly :-(

5. nawoods

nawoods New commenter

Thanks brettgirl2.
    Yeah I do know most babies that are big - my little boy always has been the smallest anyway!
    Fingers crossed he'll start getting better soon
    x x

6. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

Sorry to hear he has come down with this, it's awful for us mummies...

My LO lost a lot of weight but it must've all been water because as soon as she was better again, and that did take a while to get back to normal feeding, she put it all back on very quickly. Have you tried feeding lots of watery foods like baby porridge, yogurts etc? These worked best for us. After it had gone on for about a week, I decided to stop the formula for a day and a half. Best decision ever, it soon cleared up after that. Even those all health professionals said to keep giving formula! Let us know how he's getting on, and try not to get too worked up yourself, it will pass and he'll soon be right again xxx

7. I found that two things worked well when my daughter had stomach bugs as a baby:
    1. My health visitor advised me to boil a good organic lemonade so that the enzymes were denatured and the fizz was flat. This hydrated her, gave her some calories and settled her stomach. Give the baby small sips from a spoon.
    2. Mashed potato was a good food- again, it gives you carbs and calories.

8. nawoods

nawoods New commenter

Thanks for the replies, luckily my little boy is better now and eating again- although he is being more fussy!

9. lahm1osman

lahm1osman New commenter

This great man called helped me with a pregnancy spell. i have been married for the past 9year without a child i and my husband has went for many check up but the Doctors always bring positive result that we are okay, we have been hoping that we will get bless one day but every day just look the same i always touch my stomach but nothing happens. But with the great help of Dr Masade i have have my first baby this year April 22 2018 i am really thankful for the great help he render to me in case you need his help just email him on [This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]