1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help please - A Level English Language interview task

Discussion in 'English' started by greeneyes, Dec 8, 2015.

1. greeneyes

greeneyes Occasional commenter

Hi,

I have a 20 minute interview lesson to plan for on Thursday. The task is this: Teaching a group of 10 A2 English Language students who have just finished the language change topic. Deliver a 20 minute lesson which introduces students to the Unit 3 Children's Language Acquisition topic.
    It's AQA Spec B.

My only ideas so far are: True/False or agree/disagree corners activity (too childish?) to a set of statements about how children learn for 5 minutes, asking students to justify why they stood where or stood up/sat down.
    Then either give them a transcript in pairs to look at, then get with another pair and contrast how the language has changed. OR give them a child age, example of how many words they're supposed to know and ask them to storyboard the typical day for that child including the language they'd use.

2. thethiefoftime

thethiefoftime Occasional commenter

This is probably way too late now but I would get the students 5to reflect on their own experiences of reading... favourite books as a child, reading practices at home and in school, what they recall about how the books got more complicated.... then maybe even get them to read a book to each other. observe the way they interact as child and caregiver.