1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help planning and organisation with Nursery to Year 2 in one class

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by biliboi, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Goodness you have a challenge! I think you will have to have a timetable where you know which groups you will be working with as a focussed task during different parts of the week, so that you don't end up having nursery with the TAs all the time. Does your LEA promote daily do's? You could use Jolly Grammar alongside Jolly Phonics to stretch the more able.

Have you seen the document "A toolkit for Foundation Phase Practitioners" on the ESTYN website? Might be of help.

Also I would remember stage, not age. Some of your Reception may be working at a higher level than some of your year 2s, so you can plan accordingly.

Good luck.

2. Also, I know of at least one school in my LEA in the same position as you. It may be worthwhile arranging a visit to such a school and seeing how they set out their planning showing how they cover focussed tasks for the various stages of development.