1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help on success criteria

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cally1980, Jun 6, 2011.

1. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

It depends - do you do SC as must/could/should or wilf etc? Also depends on what criteria they will be using to identify the shapes (im assuming not things like symmetry/parallel lines/right angles!). The way we do SC I would have things like 'I know what vertices are', 'I can identify a right angle' 'I can count the sides of a 2D shape' depending on the features they would be identifying.

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I can tel its a shape
    i can tell its a 2D shape with explanation( it flat and only has one side?)
    I can recognise a 2 D shape and name it
    I can describe the feature( features 0 of a 2D shape
    I can label all the features of a 2 d shape

Martaivo likes this.
  3. Hi thanks for the reply, i tend to do the success criteria with the children and write down as a list i.e. include full stops, capital letter etc. but wasnt sure for this lesson. pupils will be matching the postcard shape with the correct descrption made by the person. so guessing which shape has 4 sides, 4 corners etc.

4. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

you can also do this as a class by holing up the shapes an asking the questions..or asking talk partners to match shapes or talk about a shape to a partner.
    In the list i gave you the last criterea is level 3 i think!