1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help on spoken language/ multi-moadl texts for year 7?

Discussion in 'English' started by fluffykat_9, Jul 18, 2011.

1. HI all,

I was just wondering if anyone had any resources or schemes on spoken language for KS3? I am trying to put something together for a year 7 scheme, as we have nothing so far on our long-term plan. We have integrated it for year 8 and year 9. It is not my area of expertise at all, so the thought of doing a third one fills me with depair! Give me poetry or a novel any day!

If anyone could help out, or have something that I could adapt to year 7 that would be brilliant. I have plenty to offer in return!

fluffykat_9

fluffykat_9@hotmail.com

2. HI all,

I was just wondering if anyone had any resources or schemes on spoken language for KS3? I am trying to put something together for a year 7 scheme, as we have nothing so far on our long-term plan. We have integrated it for year 8 and year 9. It is not my area of expertise at all, so the thought of doing a third one fills me with depair! Give me poetry or a novel any day!

If anyone could help out, or have something that I could adapt to year 7 that would be brilliant. I have plenty to offer in return!

fluffykat_9

fluffykat_9@hotmail.com

3. gruoch

gruoch New commenter

I'd be tempted to look at what you have in 8 and 9 and work backwards, if you see what I mean. You need to be building skills for the rest of KS3 and KS4 (and 5 if you do A level Eng Lang.)

4. Try the English and Language Centre's"Teaching Language" - I think that's what it's called.It costs £95 but has lots of stuff to do, a DVD and best of all is fully planned for you!

5. Do you have a link FluffyKat? Cant seem to find what youre talking about via Google.
    I have been using the TES stuff for KS3, combined with media studies. Hopefully, I can post the scheme on here after the holidays.

6. It is on the English and Media centre website ; I shall have a look and post the link.

7. Thank you Fluffy, the site was under a different name in the original post, that's why I couldn't find it.
    Have you seen the video with the girls ironing? [​IMG] The film maker obviously decided it was best not to intervene! lol