1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help on NQT rules

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by Maltbaek24, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Maltbaek24

Maltbaek24 New commenter

Hi
    I have been working in a pupil referal unit for the last year followinbg completing.my gtp last year. I havent been able to start my nqt year as it is not an accepted setting but its all ive ever wanted to do! I now feel like w ha t I really want and need is a year out to go traveling and sort my head out a bit but im scared that I will have to start all over again if I stop now!! Is there a time limit on how soon you have to start your nqt year after finishing your training?! Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated!
    Cheers

2. Maltbaek24

Maltbaek24 New commenter

Hi
    I have been working in a pupil referal unit for the last year followinbg completing.my gtp last year. I havent been able to start my nqt year as it is not an accepted setting but its all ive ever wanted to do! I now feel like w ha t I really want and need is a year out to go traveling and sort my head out a bit but im scared that I will have to start all over again if I stop now!! Is there a time limit on how soon you have to start your nqt year after finishing your training?! Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated!
    Cheers