1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! OCR Institutions and Audiences - too much

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by Ohajiki, Aug 5, 2010.

1. I've been made Head of Media recently and have to write a new scheme of work on Institutions and Audiences - our previous case study of the Radio Times has not helped our students at all, so a change has been recommended - but I don't know where to even start.
    The change is to the British Film Industry as it will match the coursework but I don't know where to start and this is after three days of constant work and reading (I've always taught tv drama and music video before - this is relatively new to me).
    Any kind of starting point, suggestions or vague outline either on here or by email would help me to actually enjoy the holiday.
    In trade I can post a disc/upload a load of TV drama clips!

2. Hi, if you send me your email I can send you the scheme of work I have put together which has been very successful this year. We look at Warner Brothers and Warp Films and compare them, the students find it really interesting and can really get into it. Warner Brothers seem to be the most progressive studio in terms of technology so it's really interesting to compare to British companies.

Some has been "borrowed" from the OCR conference so I assume is on the right lines!
    I'd really appreciate clips too! :) xxx

3. Hi I just noticed your post and was wondering if you could send me the info you have regarding media institutions (Warner bron and Warp films etc) I am beginning my teacher training and I have to gather together a range of resources on MEDIA INSTITUTIONS. This would really help me so much.

Thank you xx

4. This is an old post - but raising its profile

I would suggest you go to http://media.edusites.co.uk for help

Loads on this!

5. Hi Tegfan.

I know this is a really old post but do you have the SOW still i am struggling to find things