1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! New to Yr 1!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by just_keep_swimming, May 29, 2011.

1. Lots of child-initiated learning and continuous provision in Reception. CP continues in Yr 1 with more at the beginning of the year to aid with transition from Reception and less CP towards end to aid transition to Yr 2. Set-up seems quite good to be honest - it's more my own individual CPD I'm worried about at this point! Lots to read up on and familiarise myself with! I know its going to be a huge culture shock and massive learning curve!

2. Aw you will love it I'm sure! I've taught Y1 up to Y4 so I've done a big-ish leap. The main difference workload wise is less marking more prep so what you gain in one hand is taken away with the other!!! I've written a pretty in depth description of our school day on a thread about transition from R to Y1 (think it was entitled argh I'm so mad/angry!!! I've mainly taught in Y1 and 2 so if you want any advice my email is LazLLM@hotmail.com - feel free to mail for ideas or just to bounce ideas off!!!