1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed

Discussion in 'Primary' started by alidav, Mar 21, 2012.

1. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for a 25 mins lesson on the theme "2012" for a mixed ability class next week.
    Any suggestions would be very gratefully received.
    Thank you in advance.

2. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for a 25 mins lesson on the theme "2012" for a mixed ability class next week.
    Any suggestions would be very gratefully received.
    Thank you in advance.

3. What age range? Assuming this is for an interview lesson - what are your subject strengths and what areas are the school looking for strengths in?
    You will find people on here give much better advice if you post with an idea of your own rather than just asking everyone else to do the prep work for you....

4. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

I agree with LittleMissCurious.
    Surely you must have SOME idea? If you're looking for reassurance, fine. If you're looking for someone to come up with a lesson idea and plan for you, you'll get short shrift.
    Saying that, there's huge scope for many different lessons based around this year. The Olympics covers a wide range of different subjects, as does the Jubilee. Get your thinking cap on and come back to us with some ideas.

5. Sorry I posted late that night, having just read my emails and went into panic mode.

The lesson is with a year 6 class and my strength is numeracy. My first thought is to go with using a challenge to decide what fraction/ percentage of the medals awarded last time went to GB USA etc but I am having second thoughts.

6. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

Leap year day