1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help needed with sons new ipod!!! please!!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by the apprentice, Dec 25, 2010.

1. the apprentice

the apprentice New commenter

Help needed as son is distraught because l plugged it in to sync and he's got all my apps and has deleted the ones he doesn't want...but eliza doolittle has downloaded on to his music which he doesn't want and l haven't got a clue how to delete it...can anyone help...l find itunes soooo difficult!!!

2. All the manipulation of the music files, adding, deleting, moving around, etc on the ipod is done in itunes. So you will have to plug it back into itunes and delete if off the ipod from there.

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

To run 2 ipods from the same computer we have to log in as 2 different users (control panel/user accounts). Each of us then has our own copy of itunes under our user and save what we want under them.
    I don't know if this is the only way to do it but it works.

4. If you sync an iPod it will delete what's on it and copy over whatever you've got on iTunes. If your son had no backup copy of whatever was already on the iPod, then that's gone, though he may be able to recopy it.
    Someone previously posted a link to an alternative iPod management software - Sharepod I think?

5. Look for his ipod appearing in the left hand column and click on it there. You can delete files from it there.

6. the apprentice

the apprentice New commenter

oh..you are all so kind, thankyou so much..he's happy once more!!! Well for a while until something else crops up!!! All sorted now!! Gosh all this technology..surrounded by ipod's ,phones and mp3 players...hubby's helicopter wont charge!!!! Pleased Christmas is once a year!!!!

7. I run two iPods an iPad and an iPhone from the same iTunes ... You just have to set the appropriate syncs on the individual device within iTunes