1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed with Literacy Objective please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ellie28, May 21, 2011.

1. Hi was hoping someone might be able to help.
    I am going to read the book where the wild things are and focus on what the character of Max might be feeling/what he might be thinking/ what he might say at various points in the story and use speech bubbles thought bubbles etc to show this.
    Am struggling to find a Year 2 Lit Objective to fit this! can someone shed some light?
    Thanks

2. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Maybe there isn't one! perhaps have a look at the objectives you need to cover and find a task to fit, rather than the other way round.

3. Hi CarrieV its for an interview and can choose any objective.
    Was thinking -
    <font size="3">Engage with books through exploring and enacting interpretations.</font>might fit?

4. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Ok, especially if you have some of the children acting out a scene and record what they say and think as your "bubbles"

5. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

Or using freeze frames where they have to think about what they are thinking/feeling at that particular moment.

6. Hi,
    Just a thought - my understanding of L.O.s is that they should be as 'user friendly' as possible. How will you explain 'interpretation' to year twos?
    Might be helpful to have an L.O. such as 'To explore the way a story makes me feel'. We had a meeting recently about using success criteria approrpiately. I learned from this that SC should reflect the process of meeting the L.O., rather than the end product, e.g.:
    Act out parts of the story
    Say how the story makes you feel
    Record descriptive words (Could you mind map these using children's contributions on whiteboard, or provide them with a picture of Max with thought bubbles to fill in...?)

Janice