1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed TA Interview

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by kellyandcameron1985, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Good evening all

So glad I have come across this site and forum.

I have got a job interview coming up in which I have to plan and deliver a 20 minute session to 6 reception/year 1 children with the focus to be on writing. My brain has mentally shut down and I cannot think what to do.

I've have been doing this almost 3 years now haha, 2 as a volunteer and this last year full time in a year 1 class. Nerves have just taken over as I really would like to get a job closer to home now and I feel the pressure is on

Thank you in advance x

2. snugglepot

snugglepot Occasional commenter

Take a covered box, build up by "I wonder what could be inside." Inside about 3-4 objects linking and get them to write a story. Do some verbal work first describing but watch the time.

Otherwise you work in Yr1 ask the teacher to help you. Unless you are trying to keep it quiet. Good luck:)