1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed- Resource organisation!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by soxy14, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Hello Everyone,

I am about to start my NQT year in September, and I am just about to move house... therefore I am up to my ears in boxes, etc.

Even in my ITT year, I have collected/made/used a huge amount of resources- 2 huge box files completely full,as well as a number of other piles of worksheets.

I want to get as organised as possible before Sept, and was just wondering how everyone organises their resources. I know I could just keep them in the box file, but I forget what i've got.

Any other ideas would be very much appreciated! thank you

Soxy

2. Hello Everyone,

I am about to start my NQT year in September, and I am just about to move house... therefore I am up to my ears in boxes, etc.

Even in my ITT year, I have collected/made/used a huge amount of resources- 2 huge box files completely full,as well as a number of other piles of worksheets.

I want to get as organised as possible before Sept, and was just wondering how everyone organises their resources. I know I could just keep them in the box file, but I forget what i've got.

Any other ideas would be very much appreciated! thank you

Soxy

3. I'm about to start my NQT year as well, and I'm going through all the resources I've now accumulated (albeit painfully slowly!) I've made a spreadsheet which I use to tell me what is in every file, listing them one after another. Last time I sorted it was christmas and it was fairly huge then, its even bigger now, and I havent even touched upon the digital files I have! But it should be worth it in the end.

I've been contemplating using some freeware software to compile the resources into a mindmap covering all the different subject areas so when I'm teaching a certain bit I can find all the resources I have for it. The problem is this takes time, and I'm suffering from a sever bout of laziness having just moved out of halls!

The good thing about an electronic index is you can chop and change it at will, without having to reprint reams of paper afterwards.