1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed! Private tutor opinions needed for development of social enterprise

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by SwotBots, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Hi, my name is Marcus Harris, and i've recently secured extensive funding to develop "SwotBots" - a social enterprise borne out of a previously government - funded scheme that offered free private tuition to pupils from disadvantaged families in London.
    I was the manager of the old scheme and worked with a team of private tutors working via agencies and on an individual basis, offering home and centre-based tuition to pupils.
    Although I have spoken with my tutors extensively, I keen to hear the opinions of other private tutors, particularly on:
    <ol>[*]Teaching over the internet (what works?)[*]Agency fees for tutors[*]Advertising tools that could help tutors find work</ol>The reason I am asking is because I plan to develop an service that will connect parents, pupils and tutors in a cost effective way. The goal is to be able to offer a range of free services to parents (finding tutors), pupils (learning tools and online tuition) and tutors (advertising their services).
    These free services will be subsidised through funding and paid-for premium services.
    Any views you could offer would be greatly appreciated, if you would like to contact me personally I can be reached at macus@swotbots.com
    Many thanks,
    Marcus Harris