1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed please!! New Maths co-ord seeks advice - report and curriculum committee

Discussion in 'Primary' started by csmith71, May 3, 2012.

1. Please could anyone help.. I have recently taken over the role of Maths subject leader as our old subject leader left. I have been asked to present a maths report to our curriculum committee next week.
    Can anyone please help with what they are looking for, information they will want and how I should present it. I have not done one of these before and have no idea of the format to be honest. Any help or advice is much appreciated.
    Thank you in advance

2. Please could anyone help.. I have recently taken over the role of Maths subject leader as our old subject leader left. I have been asked to present a maths report to our curriculum committee next week.
    Can anyone please help with what they are looking for, information they will want and how I should present it. I have not done one of these before and have no idea of the format to be honest. Any help or advice is much appreciated.
    Thank you in advance

3. stuffedcrust

stuffedcrust New commenter

Analyse results and look for areas of strength and weakness. Either a particular strand e.g. number or underperforming year groups / pupils and those that are GT. Suggest a course of action to rectify problems?

4. Thank you so much for your reply. Much appreciated

5. Also look at planning including differentiation and resources. Ask staff.
    You will need an action plan but I am not sure you can write this before the meeting. You will probably have some ideas what needs to be on it but cannot write one until you have done some research and highlighted the most immediate areas to focus on.