1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed please, Assessments and formats

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by beehappy, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Hi, after a confusing meeting today with old FS leader and now the new LEA Advisor, Please can anyone help clarify what needs doing and how to show it?

Currently we use profile to give children points as they achieve them backed up with evidence and I know which children are working at which objectivies 30 - 50, 40 -60 etc.

But now have been asked to give % of children working at above, below and average expectations and then put children's ages on in months to show if children are working within their age group or above or below. The LEA haven't got a clear format to fill in to show any of this or how it works etc so pretty confused.

So how to do you give your data to head, LEA? to show on entry attainment, progress % etc any help for suggestions would be great.

Many thanks in advance

2. choralsongster

choralsongster New commenter

Hi beehappy
    Have a look at the Learning journey/tracker post of last week. I would be happy to send you a copy of our LA's tracker system, and then how I have put it all together for stats basis.
    If you post your email, I'll send it all to you xx

3. Thanks will have a look,
    my email is abbierainbowdias@gmail.com
    any help or ideas greatly welcome

4. Hi, I could have written beehappy's post myself! Please coul you send me anything helpful too? I'd be very grateful. michmach04@hotmail.com Thank-you.

5. teacherof30

teacherof30 New commenter

I have a simple rainbow tracker - with four levels - two below expectations (one is below 30-50 months, the other is 30-50 months),
    meeting expectations, above expectations.

Each level has an explanation of how many points on the profile the child has to have to be working within it.

You just use the main template for each area of learning. SMT are happy with it. We also have a computerised tracking
    system which takes profile data + dev matters.

Happy to email if you leave your email address.

Suzie

6. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

Hi, Tomorrow i am having a meeting with our FS leader. We are going to try and plan out an assessment tracker/ format for Nursrey data. If you could send me yours to look at as a guide i would be very gratefull!!!! Thank you in advance
    gemmaparker1@hotmail.co.uk

7. NettyMc

NettyMc New commenter

Hi suzo
    your rainbow tracker sounds just like the sort of thing I'm looking for - I'd be grateful if you could send me a copy. Many thanks.
    nettymcdougall@googlemail.com

8. Hi
    I would be really interested to see any assessment and tracker formats as well. I have to supply %data for my Nursery children. Could anyone e mail me copies of what they use? Many thanks. My e mail is
    janet@davidcrossley.co.uk