1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help needed in tracing skills tests certificates

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by teacheryr2, Nov 21, 2015.

1. teacheryr2

teacheryr2 New commenter

Hello! I hope that somebody will be able to help me please. I am an NQT in my final term. I passed my skills tests in Literacy,Numeracy and ICT in 2009 at the test centre in Victoria. Which has since closed down. I no longer have the piece of paper they give you when you pass. My school have requested evidence of me passing the skills tests and they said they can't pass me without the evidence. Is there any way I can get evidence? If so please advise me where from please. My final assessment is next week so I need to obtain it quickly. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

2. sofia_sen

sofia_sen Occasional commenter

I checked my letter and it says you can access the details on the DfE website.
    If you need any help with this, you could contact: 0845 4508867 or skillstests@pearson.com.

Mine are from 2013 so am not sure if that has changed much from 2009.

3. Landofla

Landofla Established commenter

Ooh I doubt I could lay my hands on my paper either. I thought that having QTS status and the ref no you get with that was enough...

4. bettinaboo

bettinaboo New commenter

Surely you would not have got on to your teacher training course without evidence of your tests in the first place. It seems mad that they have let you get this far before asking :( I would contact Pearson direct as im sure there must be something in the records to show you have sat the tests. Good luck :)

5. teacheryr2

teacheryr2 New commenter

6. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

Your training provider will have evidence that you have passed the skills tests - they wouldn't be able to recommend you for QTS without it. I'd see if they can provide proof. Although why your school needs further proof is odd, surely if you have QTS then you have passed the skills tests.