1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed from experienced year 6 teacher

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lnevil1, Nov 21, 2011.

1. I am new to year 6 and am wanting to test my class before Christmas using some past papers. Can anyone suggest a good year to use papers from? I want a paper that is fair and will provide helpful ansat analysis data. I know all papers should be the same but this doesn't always seem to be the case!
    Thanks

2. clangercrazy

clangercrazy New commenter

Hi
    I'm also new to year 6 but have recently tested my class, I used the 2010 SATs papers, found on the St Joseph's Pickering Website.
    It's recent, got a good writing test with it and has been very useful for me!
    I aim to do the 2011 one nearer to actual SATs time.
    Hope that helps!

3. wayneski100

wayneski100 New commenter

Didn't find the 2011 reading paper, or maths A and B very good compared to previous years.
    2010 was ok, as was 2009. Although have used as far back as 1997/8 era with mine

4. Thank you both, your replies have been really useful.

5. I always use the most recent papers in the autumn term, so mine have done 2011 papers. I then do another set in the spring around March time, when I use the previous year (so I will use 2010 in March). This system saves having to worry about which papers to use. Also because I teach 5/6 I make my year 5s do the papers in the spring term too (not always the maths though depending on their ability). Having a system like this means that I don't get muddled up with which papers the year 5s have already done when they reach year 6.