1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed for research (10 min. only)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kootstras, Jul 3, 2018.

1. kootstras

kootstras New commenter

Dear fellow teachers

Your participation in a research is needed and takes just 10 minutes of your time.

The research is a global research on Knowledge and Beliefs of teachers on Dyslexia. To gain a better understanding of this topic which would be helpful for policymakers, curriculum planning on the training of teachers etc.

https://roehamptonpsych.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cAsF3ciSBnzj3Ux

Thank you so much in advance. Sigrid

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I have completed your research questions and there was nowhere to input any extra comments.

As a teacher of Modern Foreign Languages I would just like to add that the problems with dyslexia seem to be more prevalent in English than most European languages, particularly those where the spelling is phonetically based. I have a colleague living/teaching in Italy, who says that dyslexia is an unknown concept out there.

3. rustyfeathers

rustyfeathers Occasional commenter

That's really interesting, Lara! Is that because English is really just 17 languages in a trenchcoat and using 84 different opposing rules all at once? (English teacher.)

Lara mfl 05 likes this.