1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed for maths observation lesson!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by angel-74, Jan 26, 2011.

1. angel-74

angel-74 New commenter

Hi all,
    Please help I have a numeracy observation next week - on any subject but head is looking for anything practical - hopefully with children outside the classroom e.g. hall or outside if weather permits. I've been at this school for several years and I feel like i've ran out of ideas - please help x

2. angel-74

angel-74 New commenter

Hi all,
    Please help I have a numeracy observation next week - on any subject but head is looking for anything practical - hopefully with children outside the classroom e.g. hall or outside if weather permits. I've been at this school for several years and I feel like i've ran out of ideas - please help x

3. char2505

char2505 New commenter

What year group are you?

4. angel-74

angel-74 New commenter

Sorry should have said its Year 4.

5. You're probably teaching B2 which has shape in it. Why not use the hall to make Venn diagrams sorting shapes with different properties with hoops.
    Alternatively, go on a shape hunt in the playground. Give the children (in pairs) a clipboard and ask them to draw the shape and then label it. Remind them to look at the 2D shapes they can find in 3D shapes.

6. char2505

char2505 New commenter

I'm probably of limited use, then! Only thing that pops to mind is an activity I did years ago with Y5. Chn did different activities and recorded hearbeat on a line graph, thinking about continuous data.

7. char2505

char2505 New commenter

You could look on Nrich for investigation ideas, or teacher's TV/