1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP needed for dissertation!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by chloemai97, Jul 10, 2019.

1. chloemai97

chloemai97 New commenter

Hi,

I am a 4th Year studying BA (hons) primary education and am struggling for ideas to base my dissertation on. I know that it has to be an action research project in my placement school (don't know the school yet) and I'm interested on how English/Literacy is being taught in the schools but I am completely lost as where to go from there, just drawing a blank.

I know that boys and their interest in reading has a lot of high quality literature but I feel like it's over done at the minute

Any help, advice or ideas anyone has will be greatly appreciated

Thank you :)

2. bonxie

bonxie Senior commenter

• Which are the most effective strategies for teaching English to pupils with English as an additional language?
    • To what extent does focusing on SPAG improve children's writing?
    • How can improving children's ability to read non-fiction improve children's understanding of science?
    • How can learning another language help children with their understanding of English?

chloemai97 likes this.