1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed for a PGCE student who has been offered her first interview please!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Sunscorch, Feb 24, 2012.

1. I have to say, I'm tending towards the opinion that interview lessons really ought to be your own work.

2. Well yes they should be, however I don't think there is any harm in asking for a few ideas to run with. [​IMG]

3. To get started I would think about the time you have spent in Nursery and Y1 and what you felt was a good activity/lesson and from there it may spark an idea which you could then adapt quite easily to Reception children. Also have a think about which topics interest you and work with something which appeals to you and for which you'll have a better level of enthusiasm to get across to the children. All the best. [​IMG]

4. Thank you and some good ideas to start me off. [​IMG]

5. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

has your professional tutor offered any advice?

6. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

I had a similar interview for a pool last year. I wrote a TA version of the lesson plan, explaining what I'd like her to do in each part of the lesson, which I gave to her just before the lesson. I used her knowledge of the children and wrote things like, "The focus of the lesson is speaking and listening. Please sit with a pair of children who may struggle to engage with the input and support him/her with the paired talk." At my interview the children all came in with sticky name labels on their tops, which was fantastic - not sure if all schools do this though; perhaps you could ask? It helps a lot in terms of engaging with the children if you use their names, because they think you know them if you do :) Good luck!