1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed - Database connection error, could not connect to MySQL

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Muic Smith, May 5, 2012.

1. Muic Smith

Muic Smith New commenter

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="post">I am trying to write my reports at home but cannot even bring up the SEEMIS website on my computer. I just get
    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="post">I am trying to write my reports at home but cannot even bring up the SEEMIS website on my computer. I just get
    Database connection error (2): Could not connect to MySQL.

Could anyone PLEASE help? I would be so grateful!!!
    </td></tr></table>Could anyone PLEASE help? I would be so grateful!!!
    </td></tr></table>

2. Muic Smith

Muic Smith New commenter

Database connection error (2): Could not connect to MySQL.

Could anyone PLEASE help? I would be so grateful!!!
    </td></tr></table>Could anyone PLEASE help? I would be so grateful!!!
    </td></tr></table>

3. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

This is an error on the school side, so nothing you canr really do about it.

4. Muic Smith

Muic Smith New commenter

Many thanks! I am really impressed by you replying so early on a Saturday morning!

5. It means what it says. You are probably talking to this product via PHP, JSP or similar. Those pages are trying to connect to a database resident on a server somewhere belonging to the company.
    It is that link that is failing - the password connection between their website and their database. It is not your password for their system.
    If it is still happening, let them know, but it is highly unlikely it is anything to do with you.

6. I am also getting the same message whilst trying to write my reports at home. Frustration, frustration, frustration!

7. Is it worth typing comments into Word and then copying and pasting into SEEMIS when it decides to work again?

8. Muic Smith

Muic Smith New commenter

I have typed my comments into word but I need to make sure they fit into the boxes in the SEEMIS report template as only so many characters are allowed in each box and if they don't fit, I will need to modify what I have written. I feel very stressed by the fact that I cannot work on my reports this weekend as it will mean burning the midnight oil during the week to get them done and I have other school commitments during the week. It has ruined the whole bank holiday weekend for me. I got up at 6am on Saturday to do my reports on SEEMIS. Thank you to everyone who has posted responses. I am very grateful.

9. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

It's not the best advert for those who bang on about switching everything to cloud computing either!!

10. The worse scenario is when an entity just closes taking the data with it. I seem to recall that happening to one of the online google apps things designed for schools.