1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP mixed Rec Y1 planning!!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by 3062melissa, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Hi Im new to having mixed Rec/Y1 and abit confused as to how to lay out my day ensuring that Lit and Num etc get taught for Y1 but then how do I do Rec too??As for planning Ive planned the Y1 objectives but do I use FSP as objectives or development matters?Do they do focused activities as same time>???HELP pls!!

2. Hi Im new to having mixed Rec/Y1 and abit confused as to how to lay out my day ensuring that Lit and Num etc get taught for Y1 but then how do I do Rec too??As for planning Ive planned the Y1 objectives but do I use FSP as objectives or development matters?Do they do focused activities as same time>???HELP pls!!

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

4. Thankyou very much!Do you know if I would use development matters objectives or just the profile point ones??thanks x

5. You would use whichever are appropriate to your children. Your Year One children should be working towards the NC if they are ready to. There is scope to continue working towards the EYFS for a short time if needed. For Reception, you may have some who get beyond the profile points during the year, and some who are still aiming towards the first three. Look at the assessments that you get from nursery for the reception children, and then make your own observations to see if you agree and plan from there. In my experience, children who have been to private nursery settings often come in as being assessed way higher than they are. This is no offence to private settings as I used to run one! Just be sure to make your own judgements in your first few weeks so that you can pitch things right.

6. Thankyou I think Im trying to worry too much about it as you say Ill have to assess them first and see!So the first two weeks or so Ill let them settle and assess and go from there!Thanks x