1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help me with my book title please? (Apologies for cross posting)

Discussion in 'English' started by roamingteacher, Aug 1, 2015.

1. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Established commenter Forum guide

I need your help please. I have to decide on my Kindle book title (only possibly) from the choices below. I'm particularly undecided about the 'K-12' as my audience will be global and not just the US. UK teachers - for example - might be put off by the use of 'grades' rather than 'years'. Suggestions most welcome.

Global Online Projects K-12
    Global Online Projects for All Ages
    Collaborative Online Projects K-12
    Collaborative Online Projects for All Ages

The subtitle for all is 'The Educators' Quickstart Guide'.

Is it clear what the book offers?

Feedback much appreciated and happy for you to suggest other titles. Thanks for your help.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

First question which sprang to mind -The Educators' Quickstart Guide to WHAT? So may not be clear what the book offers.

I would suggest something which includes 'age' is better than 'grade/ year etc as this covers all systems, particularly as the UK now has 'age-related expectations' rather than 'levels'.

There is a big difference between 'collaborative' (not the work of just one person) & 'Global' which just means worldwide.

3. roamingteacher

Thanks for the comments Lara. You mean that a title such as Global Online Projects for All Ages: The Educators' Quickstart Guide doesn't make the subject-matter clear?

Noted on the 'age' factor.

As for the difference between 'global' and 'collaborative' the first perhaps emphasises that the projects connect students with others from around the world, whereas the 2nd makes it more explicit they'd be working with these students to create things. What do you think?

Any further thoughts welcomed, especially if as constructive as yours.

4. never_expect_anything

never_expect_anything Occasional commenter

I agree with Lara; it is not clear what the book offers.

Yes, the 'global' title sounds like it's to do with connecting students around the world, but 'collaborative' just sounds like they are working together with others; it's not clear that you mean working with others from around the world. How about some reference to Cross-Cultural / Intercultural / International Partnership projects?

Agreed, an age reference would be useful. Perhaps 'for learners aged 5-18'? 'Learners' makes it clear it's an education based resource. 'Aged 5-18' encompasses compulsory school ages for various countries (i.e. 5+ in UK) without suggesting the projects would be suitable for college/university undergraduates (which 'all ages' might suggest). Having said that, the age range is very broad and, as a potential purchaser, I might wonder whether the project ideas could really be applicable to all ages...? (A narrower age range, e.g. 8-14, might make me take it more seriously. Obviously, only you know the content of your book and which ages it is most suited to...)

5. roamingteacher