1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help me! Quick!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by char2505, Jan 18, 2011.

1. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Hi all, I'm off speed dating (first time) at 7 tonight with my friend. Got an email today suggesting I think of some interesting questions to ask incase I go blank/seem dull (who,me?!). Really nervous, anyone got any good ideas for questions, please? Eeeeek.

2. Have you ever been convicted of GBH on a partner, paedophilia, selling drugs or carrying a man bag in a built-up area?

3. char2505

char2505 New commenter

The last one carrying most weight, obvs! Way to relax me, dude!

4. These are pretty straightforward, but good ice-breakers:

Favourite books
    Favourite programmes
    What they do for a living and do they like it?
    Do they have a phobia ?

How long does a speed-date last anyway? You've probably said and I've forgotten already.

5. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

If you were a tree, would you prefer to be deciduous or evergreen?

6. Also - do they have any irrational (or rational) hatreds? People LOVE to vent about the things they dislike.

7. doomzebra

which limb is your favourite?

8. doomzebra

why do birds suddenly appear, every time you arer near?

9. doomzebra

A man has a fox, a goose and a bag of grain. He nneds to get all of them across the river but his boat only has room for himself and one other item. He cannot leave the fox alone with the chicken; nor can he leave the chicken alone with the bag of garin, How does he get them all across?

10. That'll take too long. She only has about three minutes with each potential suitor. Probably.

11. Do you want to get out of here and get a drink and have a proper conversation?