1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help me please before I throw my works laptop down the garden forever...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by pastychucker, Apr 5, 2012.

1. I am trying to save a smart board file - every time I try and save it the laptop says something like "There is not enough quota to process this command"
    Never mind it has already lost a file I have already worked on.
    If you are going to offer help please use simple language - I am **** at this kind of thing.
    Thank you very much.

2. I am trying to save a smart board file - every time I try and save it the laptop says something like "There is not enough quota to process this command"
    Never mind it has already lost a file I have already worked on.
    If you are going to offer help please use simple language - I am **** at this kind of thing.
    Thank you very much.

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Try saving it on a pen drive.

Try saving it with a different name.

4. Thank you - I will have a go and post back.

5. Can't find my bleeping pen drive. It won't save to a cd rom.

6. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

No help, but I share your pain. Mine won't send emails from home or recognise my home printer. As much use as the proverbial. The techie guy says there's nothing wrong with it!

7. If it says 'quota' it might think there is too much going on in the background and it hasn't got enough processing bits to save the document. Mine did this a while ago and I gave it to IT and refused to leave until they fixed it.
    Try Ctrl Alt Delete and start Task Manager. Click on Processes and see what % your CPU and Physical memory working at? If close to 100% then that will be the problem. I am not techie enough to help you fix it (other than look at the things you have open and see which is using most memory and CPU - Internet Explorer can be a culprit).
    Good luck.

8. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

Have you tried connecting it to your printer, and then clicking on "Start", "Devices and Printers" and "Add a printer"? It might work.