1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help me out please I'm a bit befuddled!

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by Rapster, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Actually yeah, i like WJEC too.

Or the IGCSE?

2. jmacjm

jmacjm New commenter

Loads of food for thought here on this fast moving, supportive and articulate forum. Thanks to all and keep it coming. Will follow up all suggestions ASP to get nearer THE answer.

3. jmacjm

jmacjm New commenter

IdoSWYM Many Thanks Snorkers valuable insight there. I am concerned that the option of Year 10 entry disappears with our rising 10's (thanks to the Gov and Gove) which takes away the safety net and also prevents neat compartmentalisation of the GCSE Business courses.

4. Hi Rapster
    It sounds as though you have had some unhelpful experiences with us. Please ring 0844 372 2187 and ask to speak to me. If I'm not in the office I can arrange to call you back.
    Colin Leith

5. Thanks Colin, but been there, done that. A lot.

6. Hi

We do Edexcel GCSE. Mostly for the year 10 multiple choice exam - great to get them to bank some good marks before Year 11. That was the theory.
    In actual fact despite attending the controlled assessment training we got absolutely hammered on the controlled assessment marking. The feedback was not informative and has not allowed us to plan to support the students any better this year.

With terminal GCSE the benefit of year 10 exam has gone so I am not sure if we will stay with Edexcel.