1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help me ICT aficiandos of the EYFS! Please!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Tonsilitus, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Tonsilitus

Tonsilitus New commenter

Got to do an ICT lesson with nursery..20 minutes..very important observation for burnt out teacher slowly recovering! No joke..
    I am appealing to a kind hearted person or persons (infact you don't have to be kind hearted..you can be a mean old goat for all I care at this moment in my demise!) who could throw me a bone or bones..
    Ideas! Ideas! Ideas!
    Lesson plans! Lesson Plans! Lesson Plans!
    Advice! Advice! Advice!
    My anxiety blocks me... I am willing but can't seem to formulate ideas into reality...lessons melt before me..the shadows are falling...please shine some light and keep the darkness at bay..
    Thursday looms!
    Any help will be gratefully received..
    Many thanks in advance xxx

2. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

BeeBot! Whatever your children are into get BeeBot from place to place.mine are doing Rosie and Jim (old, but they are loving it!!!)

They have sent BeeBot to the boat, the town and the paint shop.

Just an idea.
    Hope it helps!

3. Tonsilitus

Tonsilitus New commenter

i love the beebots but have had difficulty enabling the children's programming skills! Oh the joy of pressing buttons..but exciting destinations may drive their focus..good idea..Batman's cave springs to mind..thanks..

4. doctorinthetardis

doctorinthetardis New commenter

Totally agree with the idea of beebots! The kids love them! We did a fun activity where we simply used masking tape to tape together A4 pieces of paper to make a 'road'. Then we tried to move the beebot along the road! The children could also use chunky pens to add road markings or 'signs' to their roads :)

Kartoshka likes this.
  5. Tonsilitus

Tonsilitus New commenter

Cheers docdatardis! Idea gaining legs..everyone loves a bit of mark making in a lesson..xx

6. doctorinthetardis

Indeed they do! :) and the kids will love it too! :) Have fun and good luck!

7. Tonsilitus

Tonsilitus New commenter

Cheers for ideas..went swimmingly..sigh of relief...
    Now about next week.....
    :)

8. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

Glad all went well!

9. doctorinthetardis

Glad it went well! The beebots can provide weeks of lessons! We did some where we tried to navigate a blindfolded child around an obstacle course before we did the same with a beebot ... you can split them into groups to make their own roads, you could have them drawing arrows on their roads! :)

10. Tonsilitus

Tonsilitus New commenter

Really appreciate input..will be beebotting til the early new year..have made superhero masks for them..many thanks xx

11. fauziafatima

fauziafatima New commenter

I'm glad it worked for you. I have prepared a beebot mat and gotten it laminated, each side of the square is 15 cm and it can be utilized for any concept taught in the classroom and my children love learning through it.

Attached Files: