1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help me get back!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by getagrip, Oct 23, 2015.

1. getagrip

getagrip New commenter

Hi, I'd appreciate any advice. I have spent 10 years teaching abroad (after having started my career in UK) and will have taken two years out of teaching (primary) with my babies. I want to go back next September but would like to swot up on changes, developments etc. before I start applying. I don't doubt my ability as a classroom teacher, but I would like to get back up-to-date. Would any of you be kind enough to remind me where to go/ any links and essential areas for research. Many thanks in advance.

2. getagrip

getagrip New commenter

Opps I see I have posted in 'news' section by accident...

3. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi @getagrip,

I'll move this thread to the Primary forum for you.

getagrip likes this.
  4. School Boy Error

School Boy Error Occasional commenter

It's changed massively in the last 10 years, to a place you might not want to be. If I were you, I would start with familiarising yourself with the new national curriculum and volunteering in schools to see it in practice. Certainly having some recent experience will make you more employable next year when you're looking...

5. getagrip

getagrip New commenter

Thank you. Good idea to get experience but childcare is a problem until I'm earning. To be clearer, I am relatively up-to-date (teaching until 18 months ago) in that I have had great PD from abroad. So for example, I have taught Read Write Inc for several years, introduced Numicon and target setting to my school in my role as Numeracy coordinator. I suppose I am mainly asking where to stay up to date with policy changes and changes in last 2 years since new curriculum. I used to get an email which was an overview for overseas of 'what's happening' but that went to my work email. Many thanks!

6. getagrip

getagrip New commenter

Thanks

7. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member