1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help - Losing the will to live with this application

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mlowrie, Jun 29, 2011.

1. I had completed what I thought was finally a killer application until I got to the final section and I am totally confused. The job ad asks for a letter outlining skills and qualities which make me suitable for the job (2 pages), which I did referring to the person spec but there is another section on the form asking me to explain how I meet the specific requirements in the person spec and to take into account the council's vision which I have done. I really feel I am going to end up repeating myself here and boring the readers to death. What would everyone else do? Closing date is soon but I am visiting beforehand and had planned on taking my application with me. Should I just ask then personally deliver the application to meet the deadline?

2. my advice is: write a letter which is more descriptive of your experiences and how you feel about your time teaching, Then in the other section do theo's executive summary which outlines everything specifically.

It sounds like a nice application form actually!

3. I was actually doing this and then found I was repeating myself but nice to know I was going about it in the right way. I think I need to visit tomorrow and get a better idea about the school and then finish off my application with a clear head! I can always drive down on Friday to deliver it as it's not far.
    Thanks!

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I agree with meerperoon that your letter needs to be "more descriptive of your experiences and how you feel about your time teaching", your philosphy of education etc. and be much more 'selling yourself and your personality' -why the school needs to meet you and see why they can't pass you by rather than the Exec. summary which is much more impersonal.

5. Thanks for the advice. Just about to tackle this after visiting the school, which I loved! Fingers crossed this time.

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Wishing you all the luck possible and fingers crossed!