1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Looking to get a job in West Berkshire after 10 years in Scotland

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by duckling84, Jan 23, 2017.

1. duckling84

duckling84 New commenter

Hi! I hope I'm asking this in the right place but i might copy into the prinary board also. I'm new to this.
    I wondered if anyone could give me any advice. I trained to teach primary in England and then actually went and taught in scotland for the last 10 years. This summer i am moving to west Berkshire and hoping to find work.
    I am really anxious about the whole thing as i feel conpletely out of the loop. I don't know the english curriculum at all now and i dont know any of the current buzz words and hot topics.
    I would also love some advice on where to look to get a job. In scotland we just apply to the local council for everything but there seems to be all sorts of sites to register and apply through.
    Sorry this is such a long post. Any advice on returning to england to teach etc would be so amazing! Thank you so much!
    Xx

2. drvs

drvs Star commenter

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=berkshire+teaching+jobs

At a quick glance, Teach West Berkshire and the Guardian seem to be a good starting point.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, most of the teachers left in this country haven't been teaching long enough to know what's going on either :D

My advice to you is to look for schools with experienced and established leadership teams - you will need to be properly mentored not left to get on with it.

Good luck, you crazy thing you.

3. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

West Berkshire is covered by Greensheets and all the schools advertise there: http://www.schoolvacancies.co.uk/ No need to register, just take a look through each week for new vacancies. Apply directly to the school (as directed in the listing).

I've started a 'conversation' with you, so please check your messages!