1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help locating a poem!!

Discussion in 'English' started by sherfield73, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Can anyone help me locate a poem called 'Round and Round'. Its in the book Read Me First page 288. But i dont have that book, and I cant find the poem on the internet as I dont know the poet.
    If anyone can find it please reply as needed for Thursday.

Many thanks

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I've found this:
    <font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2" color="#3d493b">Round and Round by Richard Edwards
    </font><font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2" color="#3d493b"> </font>
    <font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2" color="#3d493b">Rosie paints some dark green hills
    </font><font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2" color="#3d493b">Under a sky-blue sky,
    </font><font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2" color="#3d493b">Rosie paints a red-faced sun,
    </font><font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2" color="#3d493b">Some white doves flying high,
    </font><font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2" color="#3d493b">Rosie paints a man of straw
    </font><font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2" color="#3d493b">Beside the yellow wheat,
    </font><font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2" color="#3d493b">Rosie paints some coal-black crows
    </font><font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2" color="#3d493b">That pick around his feet,
    </font><font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2" color="#3d493b">Rosie paints a big, grey cloud,
    </font><font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2" color="#3d493b">The cloud begins to rain,
    </font><font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2" color="#3d493b">The rain makes all her colours run,
    </font><font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2" color="#3d493b">Rosie starts again . . .</font>
    <font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2" color="#3d493b">It was here:</font>
    http://www.users.waitrose.com/~romar3/page71.html