1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help - lesson observation

Discussion in 'Primary' started by getrichquick, May 9, 2011.

1. What ideas have you thought of already? Objective you need to cover? If we have something to go on, we could be more help.

2. That would probably help!

I need to either cover play scripts (not sure if this makes good observation material), narrative or persuasive (was thinking maybe debating). I am pretty flexible on the genres as we don't have to stick the ones necessary if it fits in with our topic. My children range from level 2c to level 3c and they really need to work on punctuation (again maybe not an observation thing). I love drama, thinking skills, philosophy for children but I need to kind of teach them something new to enable the showing of progression. I was thinking about possibly creating an animation and writing a play script to match - based on the novel or debating the possibility of camping out on the field with groups taking on different roles - however, the boss is scrutinising differentiation and likes to see challenge above and beyond (regardless of what the children actually need). He also thinks we should write every lesson but I disagree.