1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! : KS3 MUSIC ideas for SEN class

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Ericabell67, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Hi , I am a primary trained NQT about to take on a yr 7 SEN class in September. As I have primary training and some musical knowledge I have been asked to teach music. I have very limited experience at teaching music at primary level (none at secondary level) so would appreciate some ideas / schemes of work / resources, at least to give me some idea where to start. The class are mainly SLD and some have speech and language difficulty ranging from P7 to level 2 . I have been given a limited amount of musical instruments only xylophones and percussion. I have looked on TES and there doesn't seem to be a lot of resources for KS3 that are at a suitable level for their reading ability and although there is some useful stuff in early years a lot of it doesn't seem very age appropriate. Some of the children are non readers, so I need a lot of visual resources. Plus, although I can read music, stay in time and hold a note, I don't have a huge amount of musical ability!
    Any help or advice will be appreciated as I'm struggling to find inspiration!
    Thanks

2. www.BSLforKids.co.uk have a Deaf Signing Song Book that could be used as a great resource?

Hope it helps, sorry I can't be of more use! Haha

3. Thanks , I'll have a look!