1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! KS3 English

Discussion in 'English' started by TheGDA, May 1, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am preparing schemes of work for next year's KS3 English (Years 7 & 8).
    I need to have a look at a few model SoWs for inspiration.
    Is there anyone out there who can give me a hand?[​IMG]

2. Obvious Plagiarist

3. you'd probably be better off asking a qualified english teacher to write schemes of work for you - preferably someone who is going to teach in your school. it's pointless producing (or replicating) schemes of work when you have no idea about who you are going to teach and who is going to teach it as all students are different, they learn in different ways and what you actually teach them has to be relevant to each individual. also, english teachers are a pretty wide and varied lot and they all tend to teach in their own unique way too. there is no fixed way of doing it, that's why schools find it hard sharing schemes of work and lesson plans with one another (and that's why english teaching is soooooo very, very hard to do!!). if there was one fixed way of doing it there would be one text book that we all used but there isn't and so there isn't ... to teach english well you really will have to write your own schemes of work.
    however, there are lots of schemes of work and lesson plans on the tes website already - i'm sure that if you trawl around a bit you'll find lots of stuff that will help you but my advice is to only use it as an outline and to incorporate materials/ideas that are relevant for the students you are hoping to teach.

remember, for english you need to make sure you cover all of the objectives in your schemes of work ... make sure you cover reading, writing and speaking and listening and poetry, drama and novels, fiction and non-fiction ...
    good luck!

4. Wow
    I've been called a clown, thief and plagiarist today.
    It seems like you guys are having quite a hard time at this point in your careers.
    It must be the cuts that is bothering you all.
    Or is this what happens later on in a persons teaching career.
    I still find it hard to believe that you people have got to where you are now at without getting help from others.
    It would be quite hypocritical if you have been getting help from other's work to enrich your teaching practice.
    I'm really disappointed at the hostility in this forum.

5. Thank you ever so much.
    At last I have found what I was looking for.
    Some inspiration.
    I have changed my views about this forum. There are people who really care.
    I will take your precious advice on board.
    Thank you very much.

6. How embarrassing.

7. manc

manc New commenter

I agree. Surely it should read 'the cuts that are bothering you'

8. Hi could you please email me the english SOW. Thank you and sorry for all the negativity you recieved.