1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Key stage one SATS

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hannah2903, May 7, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Just looking for some advice. My school are due to administer Key stage one tests next week - i know they could have been done anytime but my school chose this week. However - the wrong year tests have been ordered. So is it ok to administer the year we wanted to do on photocopied papers? Or do children actually have to do the test in a preprinted test booklet?
    Not sure what to do
    Thanks xx

2. Hi,
    Just looking for some advice. My school are due to administer Key stage one tests next week - i know they could have been done anytime but my school chose this week. However - the wrong year tests have been ordered. So is it ok to administer the year we wanted to do on photocopied papers? Or do children actually have to do the test in a preprinted test booklet?
    Not sure what to do
    Thanks xx

3. You can choose to use either 2007 or 2009 papers or a mixture of both - if you choose 2007 english you have to do all of that year for english but you can do 2009 maths. If you don't want to do the year you have been sent (to be honest they are pretty much the same...) I'm not sure if you can photocopy them... I would just use what you have been given. They are only a back up to your teacher assessments anyway... Your judgement overides the SATs score if it is different at KS1. I wouldn't personally do them in a week - I spread them over at least 4 weeks. Less stress for the kids (and me!!)
    Good luck.

4. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I can't think why you wouldn't be able to photocopy the KS1 SATs, they are not " secure" in the way the KS2 papers are.
    We photocopy papers all the time[​IMG]

5. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

We photocopy ours!

6. It does say somewhere that they should be original ones (presumably as some images don't come out so well when photocopied). However, if you know you aren't being moderated I would probably do it if I needed to, as it is your teacher assessments you are reporting.

7. Just to add, it is only writing and spelling that must be from the same year. So you can do any year for reading, as well as maths which was mentioned above. Personally I would just do the ones you have been sent for reading and maths, to save bothering with all that copying, as they are much of a muchness.
    Then you can pick which writing you want to do, and the only thing to copy is the writing marksheets and the spelling sheets which will be really easy to photocopy.

8. Great thanks for all your comments so quickly, think I will do the reading and maths I have been sent and then do the writing from the year I want. Thanks again