1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Just entered my gym w/new carpet with NO LINES

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by lizzard920, Aug 7, 2019.

1. lizzard920

lizzard920 New commenter

So they renovated my gym over the summer. It is beautiful; however, it looks like a living room. The carpet is the same carpet squares they used in the classroom, and there is not ONE line. Any suggestions? Been looking at long velcro tape???? I have no idea. Please help.

Liz

2. diddydave

diddydave Occasional commenter

No practical help I'm afraid but my wife was a PE teacher and it reminds me of when they were not invited to comment on the plans for the new sports hall other than to say they needed 3 badminton courts...they were shown drawings of floor plan with 4 badminton courts but it turned out they were not to scale and no-one thought to check the dimensions - turned out they could only fit one in!

I'd be referring it back to the management and asking them to put in the lines you require, and whilst they are at it you might want to see if they can check that the material and adhesive they've used is suitable for 30 children running in one direction, coming to a sharp stop and changing direction. If you need lines for basketball or netball then I wouldn't fancy doing either of those on carpet.