1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP - just don't get this & have to present to SLT tomorrow (Edexcel GCSE)! :o[

Discussion in 'English' started by pink_sean, Nov 20, 2011.

1. I know there are two written assessments in Unit 3 but the speaking & listening tasks are there three of these - 1 for role, 1 for group and 1 individual speech or is it just one which you mark those three aspects collectively so to speak..

In other words Unit 3 - is it 2 written + 1 speech OR 2 written + 3 speech?
    Thanks!

2. millicent_bystander

millicent_bystander New commenter

Not sure which board you are with, but it's three separate S&L tasks for AQA - one individual, one group and one role.
    You can use the entire marking criteria for all three as there may be aspects you can award marks for from the three separate areas listed.
    2 writing; 3 speaking. Good luck with presentation!

3. Sorry should have said this is EDEXCEL

4. millicent_bystander

Sorry too, I saw the Edexcel in the heading after I'd posted! I would imagine it's the same, have just downloaded the spec for other purposes so will check!

5. millicent_bystander

It does say three speaking and listening tasks in the spec, and then two written tasks under the 'Spoken Language' heading. Once again, good luck!

6. thanks - that's my problem basically - it's a bit ambiguous as it could be read (methinks) as three in total or three + two.
    However, as AQA follows that pattern I should think it likely Edexcel would be the same. Anyone out there currently doing Edexcel like to confirm?

7. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

I don't see how it's ambiguous. Spoken language is completely different from S&L

8. I teach Edexcel Gruoch is right. Relax - problem solved