1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help. I've forgotten how to plan.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by countrybumpkin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. countrybumpkin

countrybumpkin New commenter

For many reasons I haven't had to do planning for 3.5 years. I now face the task of remembering how to do it. I've lost the plot. Where do I start? Lower ks2 class. Thank you.

2. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

3. missmunchie

missmunchie Occasional commenter

I also find it easy to break it down into a week by week plan first and then write more detailed plans later.

4. teacup71

teacup71 Occasional commenter

Look at Hamilton trust. Might get you into the planning zone. They have plans which can be a starting point.

5. princess77

princess77 New commenter

I use topic webs for each half term and create a medium term plan with weekly objectives to be covered for each subject. That organises my thinking about when I will teach what needs to be covered and fit in visits and other experiences. After that I go through the English objectives and plan for a week, then maths for a week before the other subjects looking at schemes that have been purchased where needed.