1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Interview written task

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lan4, May 23, 2011.

1. Hi, wondering if anyone has ever had to do a written task in an interview? I’ve just got an interview for a FS job and have been told part of the interview will be a written task. Has anyone had any experience? I really don’t know what to expect.

2. Hi, wondering if anyone has ever had to do a written task in an interview? I’ve just got an interview for a FS job and have been told part of the interview will be a written task. Has anyone had any experience? I really don’t know what to expect.

3. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

I remember once having to copy out a paragraph in cursive handwriting. At the time I had no idea what that was, and given that I don't join most of my letters, I just joined what I could. lol. Didn't get the job.

4. I had one a couple of weeks ago where I had to write what sorts of things I would put in my first class newsletter to introduce myself to the parents and talk about my aims for the year ahead.

5. I once had to write a list of all the things I would have to think about doing before the first day if I got the job, so classroom organisation, display, planning, finding out about the children etc. It turned out quite a long list and I had very good feedback on it (but didn't get the job).

6. Mine was looking at writing samples, levelling them, sorting them into abilities and making a Literacy action plan based on my findings.

The written task is usually specific to the job you apply for- mine was a phase leader app.
    If it is just a class teacher job they will have something that relates to your day to day activities- e.g levelling, planning, giving feedback, writing to parents,newsletters etc
    Dont worry-just do what you normally do

7. hpblossom

hpblossom New commenter

Or they could be checking that your spelling and grammar are up to scratch - can't be assumed these days. I think it's a good idea.

8. char2505

char2505 New commenter

I had one where I was shown big book of The Gingerbread man and either had to do literacy plan or say how I would plan cross curricular links for a topic on this (forget which). Good luck.