1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help interview Wednesday

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by laura_joe2010, Apr 25, 2019.

1. laura_joe2010

laura_joe2010 New commenter

Hi

I have an interview on weds at a catholic school for an apprenticeship in finance and administration.

Does anyone know if I can ask for any flexibility on hours? Or are they usually be set in stone? I’m thinking because it’s in the office there maybe a bit of leniency.

Also any interview tips or advice on what to wear would be great! Do I need to wear full suit?!

Thanks in advance xx

2. border_walker

border_walker Established commenter

You will need to ask them on flexitime.
    Looking smart is always a good idea.
    Is this a paid apprenticeship?

3. laura_joe2010

laura_joe2010 New commenter

Yes it’s a paid apprenticeship. Originally they was going to advertise for the role as a permanent position without the nvq but then was advised they could get funding through apprenticeship so I know they are flexible on salary.

As a school I hear they are very accommodating with them being a catholic school family life is everything.

Thank you will ask about flexi time. I know there will be some work to do for the nvq so was going to ask if I could do that at home on an evening or have a day a week off to do it so that I can take my children to school. I’m unsure of start time tho so might not be a problem.

Are heels a must? I have smart trousers and blouse do I need to wear a smart jacket or can I get away with it since the weather is so nice?

Thanks xx