1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Interview lesson confusion!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by cglister, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    Just wondering if there is anyone out there who can help an NQT with first interview prep!
    I have an interview tomorrow for a reception teacher job and I REALLY want it. However, I'm very nervous and am not confident with the lesson plan I have devised. I have been asked to read, tell or retell a story and then follow with a speaking and listening activity all lasting max 25 mins. I have picked a story and am confident it will work but I am struggling to come up with an appropriate speaking and listening activity for afterwards.
    Can anyone give me an idea of what they might be expecting for this? Do i do it with the class together on the carpet or should I send them off into groups to then feed back in a plenary? The year group i will be teaching is reception so I am very aware of the length of time they should be on the carpet. I'm just a little lost so any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks[​IMG]

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Look at some of the listening and speaking objectives. Choose one which it will be easy to demonstrate progress from and go from there.